Friday, November 15, 2013

Nothing conventional | Conventional Nothing: Part 1

So far i have always 'tsk-tsk-ed' at the people who wrote about trivial things but only now i realize how important triviality is to sustain ones mental health! You can be selective about your thoughts and then the greater matter - you cant be selective about your fate or destiny.
So I may like to think, then talk and further discuss about a certain stream of thought but I have to will myself to it. Is it what the rest 70% of my thoughts are also made of? - No.

Though it isn't difficult, I cannot channelize or ignore the other - usually simultaneous - thoughts in my head! And well, the best music, noise, lyrics or for that matter art or mathematical breakthroughs have always been created or happen a midst clutter and chaos! Which makes it all the more important to try and NOT ignore triviality. But what my subconscious does rule or is rather governed by are things that either fascinate or repulse me. But that's quite a broad spectrum of thought and thinking, isn't it?

New things are starting to make a difference to me in life. I can see now that things that previously bothered me don't any more. We keep trying to justify to ourselves and the world how things don't bother us or change us but over time we do change, little by little, gradually.

'The only things constant is change' - François de La Rochefoucauld

And its one truth that cannot be changed with denial.


No comments:

Post a Comment